http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Qqfcmb-8Y andhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyi9b7rdZNI
A young lady said "Wow I could never workout like that!" and I said "Hell yeah you can!" Ok well I didn't actually say those words. What I said was that I didn't start on my fitness path jumping crazy high, or doing jump lunges and sumo burpees. I started with baby steps. Those baby steps got me to where I am today.
I'm reading a book by Joel Osten called "The Slight Edge". It's an awesome book that shows you that you're big huge success stories didn't happen out of "luck" or in one day they actually happened out of mundane things done every single day. He talks about that those every day "simple" steps to success are so easy to do but they are also easy NOT to do. What separates those that succeed and those that fail is the choice TO DO or NOT TO DO those things that will lead to success.
So lets say with fitness. It's very easy to do 2o minutes of walking on a treadmill, around your neighborhood or up and down your hallway. The first day you attempt it you may not notice anything different about your shape. You may not see a change in your body for a couple of weeks. Then BAM the third week comes along and your suddenly 3 inches thinner and 2 lbs lighter. It wasn't some big miracle that happened to you on that day you measured yourself. It was actually the accumulation of three weeks of walking 20 minutes per day that made that change in your body.
So as easy as it is to just get up and walk around for 20 minutes it's also easy NOT to do it. Unfortunately for those who don't do the easy things everyday they won't see the change that they most desire. What will happen is that instead of seeing your shape change for the better you'll see it change for the worst. You'll gain ten more pounds each year. You're doctor will put you on cholesterol medication, your blood pressure will continue to rise, and your arteries will begin to harden. The "Slight Edge" works both ways. You can do the small healthy steps to improve your life or you can continue the unhealthy steps to worsen your life. It's up to you :) Either one is easy to do and easy NOT to do.
I started off with a promise to myself that I will do something physical each day. At first it was walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Then I started to challenge myself a little more and started jogging for 2 minutes and walking for 5 minutes. Then I wanted more and started doing light strength training. Then I felt stronger and wanted even more and did Chalean Extreme. THEN I FELT LIKE SUPERWOMAN and moved onto TurboFire. Now I'm unstoppable!!!
So yes you can get to this point but you just have to take baby steps towards it. It's the little tiny simple actions that we do each day that will determine our breakthrough success in the future. Be one of the success stories and start taking those baby steps!
Cya!
No comments:
Post a Comment